Eur. Ing. Prof. J. Scott Younger, OBE DEng(Hon) PhD MS BSc (Hons) CEng FICE.
Dr Younger, born in Bihar, India, was brought up and educated in Glasgow, Scotland. His early training and work was in hydroelectric and thermal power. With degrees in Engineering from Glasgow, UC Berkeley and Hong Kong, he is a recognized leader in infrastructure development across Asia, having held a range of senior academic, consulting and business development roles in Hong Kong, Thailand and Indonesia over the past 40 years. He has served as project manager and consultant in many World Bank and ADB funded road and water sector programs across Asia in a number of countries, and was Team Leader for the UK and World Bank funded, award winning Master’s Degree program in Highway and Transport Engineering at the Institute of Technology Bandung, 1986-93.
He has served since 2006 in various roles at PT Nusantara Infrastructure Tbk, a public listed infrastructure investment company in Indonesia and currently as Chief Technical Office and Head of Port Division. He is also Commissioner for the East Bali Poverty Project, a model in sustainable development. In 2003 he was awarded the OBE for services to civil engineering and British business interests in Indonesia. Dr. Younger is also President Commissioner of Glendale Partners, a leading infrastructure, natural resources, renewable energy and consulting firm based in Jakarta, Indonesia, and Chairman of the EuroCham Working Group on Infrastructure, and Senior Vice-Chairman of the International Business Chamber, with a particular remit to report on infrastructure, including ports and airports. He is a former member of the Eurocham Board ( 2008-2010 and 2012-2014) and the Board of the British Chamber of Commerce (1996-2004 and 2010-2012). He has recently been reappointed as Strategy Adviser for Indonesia for London – based Strategy International with strong links into UK development interests, which include a focus on Indonesia.
He has published many papers in the fields of infrastructure and related technology, and is a regular speaker at conferences and on discussion panels. He was a regular columnist for 8 years of the regional business magazine Globe Asia, continues as a columnist for Forbes, and writes for the Jakarta Post. He is an Honorary Research Fellow of Glasgow University, since 2011.
His paper on “Sustainable Development-East Bali Poverty Project” was awarded the 2012 Overseas Prize by the Institution of Civil Engineers, and published in 2014 a book “Dedication to Infrastructure”, a compilation of articles written on Indonesian infrastructure over the preceding 8 years.
He was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Engineering in 2015 by Glasgow University for contributions to sustainable development, and was also appointed in 2015 International Chancellor of President University based in Greater Jakarta.
• Hon Sec, Glasgow & W of Scotland Branch of Institution of Civil Engineers, 1971 – 1974.
• Co Founder , Society of Professional Engineers Thailand, serving as Hon Sec, and then Chairman 1980 – 1983.
• Editor, Geotechnical Engineering, journal SEAGS, 1980 – 1985.
• Founder, Jakarta Branch , Institution of Civil Engineers, 1990. Chairman 1995 – 1998, ICE representative to UK 1994 – 2000.
• Conservatives Party parliamentary candidate, 1973 – 1977, contesting 1974 elections.
• Chairman, British Club, Bangkok, 1982 – 1983.
• Chieftain, Bangkok St. Andrews Society, 1982 – 1983.
• Vice – Chairman, Bangkok Patana School Board of Governors, 1981 – 1983.
• President, Bandung Rugby Club, 1988 – 1992.
• Chieftain Java St. Andrews Society 1992 1993, 2012 – 2013.
• Member, Board of Governors, Financial Club, Jakarta, 2003 – present.
• Vice Chairman, International Business Chamber, 2003 – present.
Mark Murray, BA Econ (Hons), PgDip, MCSE.
An experienced economist, financial analyst and regulatory specialist with a track-record of working on a variety of infrastructure development projects throughout the Archipelago including renewable energy projects in eastern Indonesia and carrying out policy and regulatory studies in the sector for bilateral aid agencies and private sector clients. Over 25 years’ experience in Indonesia working on infrastructure projects as a consultant advising investors, developers, and government bodies on project feasibility and providing technical assistance to produce bankable feasibility studies. A multi-disciplinary skill base of economics, finance, accounting, IT and engineering has provided a very solid platform for holistic problem-solving and seamless integration with other multi-disciplinary specialists.
- Project economics and financial analysis
- Risk management
- Asset management
- Infrastructure project development
- Project fund leveraging
- BA (Hons) Economics, Staffordshire Polytechnic, 1990
- Dip. Business. Information Technology, Newcastle University, 1994
- MSCE Microsoft Certified Engineer, Microsoft, 1998
Ir Sukmawati Syukur, MSc.
Civil Engineer, a 1994 graduate of Civil and Engineering Graduate School of University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA, and BSc from Hasanuddin University, Indonesia, a recognized Indonesian business leader with special interest in civil and infrastructure projects. More than 30 years in experience in engineering field of highway and transportation. Founder and CEO in Private Railway Development Company, PT Jakarta Monorail and PT ITC. Studies Civil Engineering for Bachelor Degree and graduates from Wisconsin University for MSc in Transportation Engineering and Planning.
She is a director, CEO or commissioner of the following companies:
- PT Courage Institute Indonesia, a social entrepreneur company
- PT Jakarta Monorail, a consortium of private and state-owned companies which has the BOT concession to build and operate a monorail system in Jakarta
- PT Indonesia Transit Central – project sponsor for the Jakarta and Bandung Monorail project
- PT Global Profex Synergy which consultant for several infrastructure projects and is involved in many major projects in Indonesia.
David E. Parry, B.A. (Hons), MSc, Ph.D, Dip. Ed.,FIPSS.
Dr. Parry is a land-use and urban/rural planner, remote sensing expert, environment specialist, sustainable development expert, soil scientist and climate change adaption specialist with over 40 years’ experience working as Project Director, Team Leader and Technical Expert on a wide range of urban and rural infrastructure development projects in Africa, the Middle East, the Indian Sub-Continent and Southeast Asia, including working in Indonesia for over 35 years on bi-lateral, multi-lateral and private sector funded development projects. He has worked in all provinces within the archipelago and was Regional Director and Country Manager for Mott MacDonald from 1989 – 2002, after which when he became President Director of PT Mott MacDonald until 2009. Dr Parry has a proven track record of leading and directing large multi-disciplinary development projects and providing technical assistance and advisory services on strategy, policy development, project identification and bankable feasibility studies.
- Bachelor of Arts Honours (BA Hons) Geography, University of Sussex, 1965
- Master of Science (MSc), Natural Resource Survey (Soil Science, Geomorphology and Ecology), 1968, University of Sussex.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Remote Sensing (Satellite Imagery) and Natural Resources Evaluation, 1979, University of Aston in Birmingham.
- Diploma in Education (Dip. Ed.), University of Oxford, 1966
- Fellow of the Institute of Professional Soil Scientists (FIPSS)
- Fellow of the British Society of Soil Science (F.I. Soil Sci)
- Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (FRGS)
Michiko Day is a highway and transportation Engineer She has 32 years of professional experiences as an Infrastructure Consultant worked in several donor ( USAID, World Bank, ADB and AUSAID), transportation , water supply, renewable energy projects in all over Indonesia. The multi-discipline experiences will be make her known multi discipline of policy and regulations. She also has a good talent particularly as government relation. She is start join with Glendale Partners since 2012.
Civil Engineer, University of Hasanuddin, 1987
Civil Engineering Courses and training for Polytechnic Educational Staff, 9 Units education courses. Polytechnic Education and Development Centre, Bandung 1988-1989.(PEDC-ITB), 1989
Member of MTI (Indonesia Transportation Society)
Member of PII (The Institution of Engineer Indonesia)
Member of HPJI (Indonesia Road Development Association